There are so many different fast-food restaurants that you can choose to work for, but the best one is Burger King. You are going to want to know if they drug test so that you can be prepared and the majority of the locations don’t do drug tests. However, there are circumstances when they might and you should be aware of this, so go ahead and keep reading on to find out more about working for Burger King.
Does Burger King Drug Test?
One of the top questions that you might have in your mind is whether or not they drug test, but the simple answer is going to be “NO”. However, for those who are going into management positions, then there might be a test that is required. There are also some states where testing occurs and you will be told when you are hired if you are going to need to have one done or not.
These locations don’t have the facilities to undertake the testing themselves, which is why they are going to send you to another location. Here there will be trained experts who can help you with the entire process and they will make sure that the test results are accurate. These are sometimes required and you should be aware that they can require you to randomly take drug tests as while why you are employed by them.
There are also a few times when you might be required to take a drug test that you need to know about, including if you are applying for a management position. These positions require a drug test to not only be taken but passed and you don’t need to do this if you are applying for a lower position. However, if during the time that you are working for them an injury or something else occurs, then they might demand that you take one, so make sure that you are aware of this.
Process for Applying for a Job
For those who are interested in working for Burger King, you need to know the process of applying for a position. First, you should head over to the restaurant to find out if they are hiring and if they are, then for what positions. After you have learned this, then you should make sure to fill out the application and hand it in so they can let you know when your interview would be.
This is going to be something that you need to consider and the interview could be right away or it could be at a later point. Ensure that you are thinking about what job you are interested in and what timings you would be available since this is going to make a difference when it comes to getting what you want.
Duties and Responsibilities
You need to know about the various positions that are part of working at Burger King and what some of the responsibilities would be for each position. The more you know about this, then the easier it would be for you to decide what would be the best one for you to apply for. Here is everything that you need to know about, such as:
- Team member – This is an entry-level position and it is where you deal the most with the customers and ensuring that they are happy with their experience and food.
- Ensure that the guest has a positive experience by giving them friendly, fast and efficient service
- Prepare all products according to the standards set by the company
- Maintain a good speed when preparing the orders
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the guests
- Train in all areas required, including positions throughout the restaurant
- Restock various stations and assist with various assignments to prepare for customer service
- Unload and stock inventory when it arrives
- Operate onion and tomato slicers and fryers
- Working various positions throughout the restaurant, including front cash register, drive-through and more
- Hourly shift coordinator – This shift coordinator is in charge of their shift and the employees that are working during that time. They work under the managers and would work with outside vendors, guests and much more.
- Operation of the restaurant, including labor, inventory and opening and closing
- Gives direction in a clear and concise manner to the team members
- Motivates, trains and directs team members as needed during the shift
- Completes procedures and checklists for scheduling, inventory control, and crash reporting
- Assistant manager – This position is there to help the regional general manager of the restaurant is making sure that the customers are satisfied with the food and service. If the restaurant manager isn’t available or not working, then the assistant manager is the highest employee available.
- Directs efficient, fast and accurate preparation of all food orders and items before service begins
- Implements marketing plans
- Keeps inventory
- Make decisions and recommendations regarding the termination or discipline of various team members
- General manager – This manager is in control of the entire restaurant and is the top person to talk to in case of any problems. They have to deal with the entire restaurant and the operation of it along with managing between 10 to 45 employees at any given time.
- Directs accurate and efficient preparation along with sales of products to increase the satisfaction of the guest
- Directs and motivates team members to exceed the expectations of the guests with friendly and fast service
- Provides feedback and coaching to the team
- Keeping inventory, managing the labor, and financial reports
- Leads the management team when it comes to recruiting, hiring and keeping team members
These are just a few of the top positions that are available at various locations and you should make sure that you are thinking about what jobs you want. You should think about what responsibilities and duties each position has and then think about what level you want to try to get and what you want to reach overtime.
There are various educational requirements that would be required for different positions, including:
- Shift coordinators
- GED or high school diploma
- Completion of the certification programs from Burger King
- Assistant manager
- GED or high school diploma
- Some college education preferred
- Completion of the entire certification program as set out by Burger King
- General manager
- GED or high school diploma
- 2 years of college education preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience managing a restaurant
- Completion of the internal certification programs
It is vital that you know what some of the educational requirements are going to be since they would change from position to position.
Pay Rates and Benefits
Another thing that you need to make sure that you know about is the pay rates as well as the benefits that you can get when it comes to working for this company. The more you know about how much they are going to pay you hourly, then the easier it will be for you to make the decision about where you want to work. Here is some of the information regarding pay rates, including:
- Team member – Starts at $1 over the minimum wage and can vary based on what position you are working in, including maintenance
- Assistant store manager – Starts at $11 per hour and can increase based on certification, time working for the company and education
- General manager – Starting at around $13 per hour and can go up based on experience, certification and if you are able to negotiate a salary or higher pay rate. This averages out at about $47,000 per year if you are making salary
Burger King pays every 2 weeks, which means you are going to get a paycheck 2 times a month, which is normally the 1st and 3rd week on a specific day. Here is everything that you should know about the benefits, including:
- Free drinks and meals on breaks
- Flexible schedule
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- 401K plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
Ensure that you are thinking about all of this when you are looking to decide if this is going to be the right job for you or not. They have so many positions that you can look at that would make this a successful career path for you and your family.
You are going to want to think about a lot of things when it comes to your career, including what type of job you want to have. You also need to consider if you want to work for a company that wouldn’t do drug testing like Burger King. Ensure that you are also thinking about how much they are going to pay you and what benefits you would be able to avail from them while you are working there. This is everything that you need to know to make sure you are making the right choice about your future.
Robert Gomez was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. He currently lives in Northern California with “the wifey,” “the kids,” “the dog,” and “that cat,” 🙁 He is also a former journalist who has interviewed murderers on death row. Felonyfriendlyjobs.org was born to help ex-felons get a second chance in life.